Secma Qpod Club

Qpod Club - be part of the fun!

Hello and welcome to Qpod Club sponsored by Cunninghams Auto.

My name is Alec, I've been working with Cunninghams Auto on Qpod promotions for almost 3 years and created this Qpod Club.

I hope you enjoy your stay here as community members and will help us to attract even more people to join the club. We are planning community events in the future, so don't forget to check the main page for updates.

Please introduce yourself below and start making Qpod buddies!

Views: 4525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Poddies,
My name is Jaquelyn, I'm old and I live in Lincs.
I own (or am owned by) Podgy who is a 50cc fun thing. She's baby blue and covered in big pink flowers. She's an opinionated little lady who has a lot to say for herself.
Just the other day she was on her trailer behind Dolly the Disco going up a big hill in Gloucestershire,
"Phwoar Dolly!" she said "You ain't half got a big bum, and I've got to push you, you fat lump!" She's not very polite I'm afraid. Her favourite thing is Podgeberry Juice, but it has to be blackcurrant.
She sleeps in her bike barn in the garden and I can often hear her singing herself to sleep. Bless her. She's no trouble really, bit smelly sometimes but that's just pod-farts.
Please don't ever accuse me of being sensible. Growing old is mandatory, growing up isn't.
Love
Jaquelyn
x
Hi all,
So despite me thinking we own the only Pod in over-crowded Blighty, there are fellow friends around!
All those folk who stop, stare, take pics and enquire - have obviously not seen my right honourable fellows around. ;o)
Anyhow, we (Shona & I (Trevor)) live in the Forest of Dean & love it!
Shona is a teacher & I own a newsagents.
Look forward to any meets that we can get to.
ATB
Trev
Hi, I bought my qpod sport to hang on the back of my motorhome, unfortunately the joints on the drive shaft don't seem to like being towed so now I hang two bikes on the back of my motorhome, they look good but rarely come off as you have to pedal the damn things. I use my qpod three days a week for work and I am still amazed by the number of looks it gets even though I do quite a few miles a day in my area.
If it looks familiar in the photo it's because it used to belong to 'ernie' and is also shown on his profile.
Hi there fellow Podders,
I thought I had the only Pod in the village.... Obviously not!
"What is it" they all cry! :-D
"I'ts the FUTURE!" is my reply, and anyone who hasn't got one is missing out on a lot of fun.
What I find incredible is instead of all the miserable faces you encounter when you are behind the wheel of a 'conventional' car, the little POD actually makes people and fellow motorists smile.
Anyway well done Alec for taking the time to construct this site to bring 'us' like-minded folk together.
ATB from the Noth West,
Black.
>Anyhow, we (Shona & I (Trevor)) live in the Forest of Dean & love it!

Hello Shona & Trevor,
That's where Podgy had to push Dolly, we were going to Clearwell, opposite the caves.
We're not used to hills you see, it's pancake flat here in Lincs. Wish I'd seen you on our travels, we could have let the Pods have a chat.
Jaquelyn
x
Hi there fellow podders,

I own a funtech 50, derestricted and with an end pipe fitted, Very scary and skitty, but good fun. Have owned her for near on 1.5 years now -only comes out to play in fine weather - always draws a crowd.
Hi All

Nice to join the club and look forward to chatting to like minded Pod owners. I use my Sport whenever it is not raining and I dont have too far to go. My pod is a regular sight in Folkestone but still brings smiles wherever it goes.

I have taken it to London on several occasions - the highlight of which was being persued around Parliament Square by a riot van full of police officers, only to be stopped in The Mall to be asked 'what is it' and 'would you mind if we had our photo taken sitting in it?'

Obviously they did not realise Devon Police use them and call them a Plod Pod !!

The only upgrade to my pod is an old timer hooter which suits it perfectly !!

Best wishes to all
hi all my name is Andrew i onced owned a qpod sport but someone verry nicly stole it and torched it so i am saving up to get a new one so if anyone is selling one let me know and if the price is right and i have the cash i may take it off your hands
Hi I'm Dave. We have had the QPod Sport for about 18months. Its a tight fit with wife and the dog in, but its great and we have such a laugh, especially seeing the reactions of other people!
We have towed it on our motorhome about 3000 miles this year and we have only seen one other Qpod on the road.
Would eventually like to update our Sport for possibly a T500 (has anyone driven this model?)
It would be good to meet up with other Qpod owners at some point.
Hello fellow podders. We, Ray and Paulene, have had our Qpod Fun for four years and towed it on the back of our motorhome for a few thousand miles. It has travelled in Europe, which incidently is where we first spotted one of these little darlings, and covered much of the British Isles. Like others we are constantly asked if photos can be taken and youngsters like to get a picture on their mobile phones. We haven`t yet been chased by the police but we have been saluted by two officers while standing at traffic llights. I wonder if it has anything to do with us obviously being OAP`s?
andrew paul side said:
hi all my name is Andrew i onced owned a qpod sport but someone verry nicly stole it and torched it so i am saving up to get a new one so if anyone is selling one let me know and if the price is right and i have the cash i may take it off your hands

Oh Heck, that's heartbreaking! Wasn't it insured?
I wonder if it has anything to do with us obviously being OAP`s?
Is that Old Age Poddies?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Notes

Read the Rules

Created by Alec Oct 6, 2008 at 9:39am. Last updated by Alec Oct 6, 2008.

Introduce yourself!

Created by Alec Oct 5, 2008 at 1:36pm. Last updated by Alec Oct 5, 2008.

Secma & Qpod spotlight

Qpod Sport by John Nichols

If you would like your Qpod to be featured, please email it to: admin (at) qpodclub.com

© 2018   Created by Alec.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service