Secma Qpod Club

Qpod Club - be part of the fun!

I have always towed my QT 500 by trailer when using my motorhome, but the inconvenience of having to garage the trailer and parking on site made me thnk it was time to consider the alternatives. After much thought I looked into the possibilty of using an A frame and can now report that it has been successful and tows extremely well. I have included pictures.

Views: 670

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Graham I used to tow an Aixam little 4 seater on the back of my Motorhome for a few years and never had a problem even on an unbraked A Bar. Only problem is if you need to back up as you have little or no control over where the car goes. Good solution all round seems to me. Cheers, Chris.

I think you have left the Secma site after selling. If anyone knows who has this car and A-frame I would be interested to know more about the A-frame, size and how to fit onto the QT.

Hi Margaret, I tow my QT on an aframe, Qpod too. Got mine from here on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOW-YOUR-QUAD-BUGGY-WITHOUT-THE-HASSLE-OF...

first time took ten mins to fit, 2nd time took 5 mins, now takes about 3min;- quicker than fitting towbar to the qpod, and much quicker than loading up a trailor.  Only prob I really have is that  I cant see it when towing ( so fit a reversing camera, always on) and therefore I cant reverse with it, - but I could never reverse with the Qpod on towing arm either!

Thanks Chris, I saw this one on ebay and wondered if it would fit as it doesn't have the longer bars. Any chance of a picture of how it fits on under the QT. 

Thanks Mags

Chris Nagle said:

Hi Margaret, I tow my QT on an aframe, Qpod too. Got mine from here on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOW-YOUR-QUAD-BUGGY-WITHOUT-THE-HASSLE-OF...

first time took ten mins to fit, 2nd time took 5 mins, now takes about 3min;- quicker than fitting towbar to the qpod, and much quicker than loading up a trailor.  Only prob I really have is that  I cant see it when towing ( so fit a reversing camera, always on) and therefore I cant reverse with it, - but I could never reverse with the Qpod on towing arm either!

try the video on www.easy-tow.co.uk 

You want the Aframe as wide as poss, without it fouling the tyres when on full lock.  Put the frame against the wishbone, loop the chain over the wishbone, ratchet it up, off you go.  I see that rsj are now offering shorter arms, specifically for qpods/buggies, dont know what effect that has;  I just have standard ones. Chris

Thank you, Mags :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Notes

Read the Rules

Created by Alec Oct 6, 2008 at 9:39am. Last updated by Alec Oct 6, 2008.

Introduce yourself!

Created by Alec Oct 5, 2008 at 1:36pm. Last updated by Alec Oct 5, 2008.

Secma & Qpod spotlight

Qpod Sport by John Nichols

If you would like your Qpod to be featured, please email it to: admin (at) qpodclub.com

© 2019   Created by Alec.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service